Tuesday, July 27, 2010

President Boyd K. Packer - The Power of the Priesthood

I heard one of the most powerful messages in Relief Society this last Sunday. It was an unusually emotional day for me (pregnancy/hormones) I'm sure, but, my heart weighed heavy with thoughts of my family, one member in particular, whom I've prayed for concerning his well-being everyday since our move. The lesson was about the power of the Priesthood. After hearing this lesson, one quote stayed with me, "There will be times when all that stands as a shield between your family and the adversary's mischief will be that power. You will receive direction from the Lord by way of the gift of the Holy Ghost." I couldn't help but be grateful for the blessings that that power brings when exercised with proper love and authority. If only all of the men in my family knew of this power, how much better life might have been or would be for them now. All I can do is keep praying and hope my little family can be an honorable example to those who have not yet had the opportunity to know the truth for themselves.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from you !