Thursday, April 23, 2009

Sunday Dinner





FINALLY, we had the Calls and Clarks over for dinner. Yeah! We had such a wonderful time chatting it up and enjoying Kelsey's delicious caramel dessert. Mmmm! Once again, I am so so so grateful for my friends and family. The Brenners and my M-I-L (mother-in-law) were also able to join us. But they are regulars here. We played with the babies while the men roughed up the older ones outside. I prepared a dinner that was a replication of one that Yanet made for us on Noche Buena (Christmas Eve dinner), its a tradition in the Ririe family, and I love having her here to guide me. I love that my kids are growing up with the rich cultures of both sides of their hispanic families. They get to eat platanos fritos and maduros, carne puerco, mofongo, pollo fricase, congri, cuban sandwiches, and much much more from the Cuban side. Then on the Mexican side they get arroz con pollo, enchiladas, carne can papas, carne guisada, carne picada, flautas... and the list keeps growing as I hit my mom and Yanet up for more yummy and traditional recipes. I love you guys!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like fun:)

    It's exciting you are doing scentsy! My SIL sells it and I LOVE it and thinks everyone should have one:)

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you !