Thursday, November 19, 2009

Rings of Blessings....

I was just about to post this Mon.'s FHE lesson, and then I got this email from my sister as I was posting the pics, how weird because it fits with the lesson perfect.

I've never made a fortune, and it's probably too late now.
But I don't worry about that much, I'm happy anyhow
And as I go along life's way,
I'm reaping better than I sowed.
I'm drinking from my saucer,
'Cause my cup has overflowed.

Haven't got a lot of riches,
and sometimes the going's tough
But I've got loving ones all around me,
and that makes me rich enough.
I thank GOD for his Blessings,
and the Mercies HE's bestowed.
I'm drinking from my saucer,
'Cause my cup has overflowed.

I remember times when things went wrong,
My faith wore somewhat thin.
But all at once the dark clouds broke,
and the sun peeped through again.

So LORD, help me not to gripe,
about the tough rows I have hoed.
I'm drinking from my saucer,
'Cause my cup has overflowed.

If GOD gives me strength and courage,
When the way grows steep and rough.
I'll not ask for other blessings,
I'm already Blessed enough.

And may I never be too busy,
to help others bear their loads..
Then I'll keep drinking from my saucer,
'Cause my cup has overflowed.


Obviously our lesson was about "Counting our Blessings" and being grateful for all that we have. Sundays talks were so wonderful and really spoke to my heart, so I was inspired to tie that into our FHE with Thanksgiving being so close. I had these turkey's left over from last Thanksgiving, (I had put them on the kids table with markers sticking out as the feathers, and let them write what they were thankful for and decorate their placemats) so I cut out feathers and had everyone write things they were thankful for and then we put them on skewers and stuck them in the turkeys. Bash really enjoyed this and Mia enjoyed trying to destroy them. Afterward we read some scriptures
(ie 1 Thessalonians 5:18) and sang "Count your Blessings" of coarse. We talked to Bash about one of the goals that the speaker made for himself, for one week he tried not to ASK for anything, instead just GIVE THANKS for what he had already been blessed with when he prayed. When we said family prayer that night we gave thanks for all of our blessings, and only ASKED for blessings for others, others who are ill, are in need, or just need prayer. This was a valuable FHE for me because I need to be reminded every now and then as selfish and immature as it sounds, but I'm still human. Then we finished off with some treats that I cheezily tried to tie into the lesson, Rings of Blessings, otherwise known as homemade doughnuts.



1 comment:

  1. love it! You are amazing! Thanks so much for rescuing us this week! We really really appreciate it a lot!!! You are our angels!!!!We love you guys tons!!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you !