Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Was it the month of June or John

Here's a poem I wrote to celebrate John's accomplishments:
John, John, he's our man
if he can't do it, no one can!
He's a wonderful husband, and an incredible dad,
and just recently became a University of Phoenix Grad!
We've seen you balance family, schoolwork, and your career,
Yet somehow you were able to persevere.
Finally you've seen your dreams come to fruition,
You've got your Masters, now pay your tuition!
This June, John turned 29, obtained his MBA, celebrated a Father's Day with 2 children, was made Master of ceremonies at the lodge, and accepted a calling in Primary, and just blows my mind when I think of all the hard work he puts into this family, his lodge, his education, and our Church. We couldn't be more proud. Here are some pics to sum it all up.
Snippets of the Graduation Barbecue




2009 Officer Installation - Humble Lodge


Dad opening Fathers/Birthday gifts
John had a father whom many looked up to and truly lived the Gospel. Among all of his remarkable qualities, he was an amazing writer and kept journals as far back as his childhood. So, knowing how John adored his father and has always wanted to follow in his footsteps, we got him a journal at the Nauvoo Bookstore with the Tree of life on it and this scripture: 1 Nephi 11:25- And it came to pass that I beheld that the rod of iron, which my father had seen, was the word of God, which led to the fountain of living waters, or to the tree of life; which waters are a representation of the love of God; and I also beheld that the tree of life was a representation of the love of God.. When I told his mom what I was doing she gave me a copy of a letter his father had written before he past, to a man whom shall remain nameless, regarding Latter Day Saints and their beliefs. I'll ask permission before I can post it. Well, I managed to fit them perfectly into the first pages before my inscription, and the look on his face as he opened and read it was unforgettable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from you !