Friday, July 10, 2009

Gone but not forgotten...

On July 1st we learned that a very dear and long-time friend of the family had given up his decade long battle with cancer. These pictures were taken just over a month ago, we had to privilege of running into him by chance. Of coarse we see him at a Mexican restaurant with Mariachis playing, that was so Hector! I'm so glad we took these photos for as it turns out would be the last time I was able to see him alive. He fell in love with Mia and Sebastian and I'm so glad he got to hug them both. Hector Flores influenced my life in many ways. He taught me a love and profound respect for my Mexican culture. His love for Mariachi music led him to his successful and talented position as singer and violinist for some of the most well-known and followed Mariachi groups in South Texas. Mariachi Del Cielo is one that I remember best. After many years of listening to this music and understanding its meaning, he encouraged me to start Florkloriko dancing, and so I did. I will never forget that time in my life, I was doing something that truly made me happy and proud of myself. I will always think of Hector whenever I see a Florklorico performance, or hear a beautiful Mariachi song. He was a devoted father and a man of many talents. Hector,you will truly be missed !

Janie's%20pictures%202nd%20126[1]



Janie's%20pictures%202nd%20123[1]

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from you !